The electric motorcycle racing world finally gained some clarity with the release of a provisional schedule for the FIM eRoadRacing World Cup. This new series is replacing both the TTXGP and FIM e-Power series. Both of those series are now deceased, and eRoadRacing World Cup takes their place.
The plan to replace both TTXGP and e-Power with a new series was announced on March 5, 2013. At that time further details were expected to be announced shortly, leaving the teams and others getting more and more anxious as the days ticked by.
That wait has come to an end with the release of the provisional calendar for the 2013 eRoadRacing season:
The calendar is pretty skimpy, but of course the rationalization is that it’s being released late in the season. That is, as each day ticks by with no agreement to release further details, the organizers have fewer and fewer options. Note that there are to-be-confirmed items, and that additional dates could be added. The World Final race is due to be held in Asia but that date and location is to-be-confirmed.
Did you notice the word “Provisional”? Good. This is clearly a provisional calendar 😉 but I suspect that the North American dates are firm except for the possible fourth date.
The choice of the venues are in part because, it being an FIM series, the event must be held at an FIM-homologated track (I sure hope I have that correct, or I might get another lecture from someone at the FIM about accuracy). North America has very few such tracks, limiting the choices.
The new site is going to be eRoadRacing.com – I checked, and WHOIS shows that name registered to TTXGP Ltd. At the moment it’s just showing a parking page, but we should expect a site launch .. er .. soon? One hopes?
The last thing I’ll note is that this provisional calendar does nothing to settle the open questions I’d listed in an earlier post (see links above). It settles us on the name and some of the dates, but leaves other questions open.
- Is there enough Grid Capacity for Hydrogen Fuel Cell or Battery Electric cars? - April 23, 2023
- Is Tesla finagling to grab federal NEVI dollars for Supercharger network? - November 15, 2022
- Tesla announces the North American Charging Standard charging connector - November 11, 2022
- Lightning Motorcycles adopts Silicon battery, 5 minute charge time gives 135 miles range - November 9, 2022
- Tesla Autopilot under US Dept of Transportation scrutiny - June 13, 2022
- Spectacular CNG bus fire misrepresented as EV bus fire - April 21, 2022
- Moldova, Ukraine, Georgia, Russia, and the European Energy Crisis - December 21, 2021
- Li-Bridge leading the USA across lithium battery chasm - October 29, 2021
- USA increasing domestic lithium battery research and manufacturing - October 28, 2021
- Electrify America building USA/Canada-wide EV charging network - October 27, 2021