Last week I was able to disclose news of a merger between the TTXGP and FIM e-Power electric motorcycle racing series. While the news itself was exciting and promising to heal the schism between those two series, it left out some important details. These details are important ones that race teams must know to plan their year, line up sponsorships, and more.
For example –
- Rules & classes (we only know rules will be very similar to 2012’s rules)
- Name of the series (we only know it will neither be called TTXGP nor e-Power)
- Fees to participate
- Event schedule (we only know it’ll be alongside MotoGP races)
In previous years the schedule for both TTXGP and e-Power was published in January or earlier, giving the teams time to prepare and schedule themselves. Likewise the rules and series name were already known quantities.
The press releases were sent over a week ago. Time is ticking and the teams need to know the plan.
- Tesla Autopilot under US Dept of Transportation scrutiny - June 13, 2022
- Spectacular CNG bus fire misrepresented as EV bus fire - April 21, 2022
- Moldova, Ukraine, Georgia, Russia, and the European Energy Crisis - December 21, 2021
- Li-Bridge leading the USA across lithium battery chasm - October 29, 2021
- USA increasing domestic lithium battery research and manufacturing - October 28, 2021
- Electrify America building USA/Canada-wide EV charging network - October 27, 2021
- Komatsu and Honda create electric micro-Excavator - July 10, 2021
- California launches Rule-Making for clean energy electricity grid - July 9, 2021
- Apple California Flats solar farm using Tesla Megapack energy storage - April 1, 2021
- Tesla Supercharger network finally expanding into Romania - March 31, 2021