The Formula E electric race car series set its 2014 itinerary on an around-the-world tour of electric racing action. The preliminary calendar presented to the FIA include two races in Europe, two in North America, two in South America and two in Asia.
The Formula E series says they received formal requests from 23 cities on 5 continents interested in hosting a Formula E event. The cities chosen are:
- Europe: London, Rome,
- North America: Los Angeles, Miami,
- Asia: Beijing, Putrajaya,
- South America: Buenos Aires and Rio de Janeiro.
The series organizers say they still plan to hold 10 races during 2014, and that two slots are being kept open in the calendar “to include 2 additional cities among those that have expressed interest.”
At this time Formula E Holdings is working with prospective host cities “to discuss all the specific elements involved in hosting a street race.” The goal is to have signed agreements by July 1, 2013. The final calendar will be presented to FIA for its approval at the September 2013 World Motor Sport Council.
Two teams are currently signed up – China Racing and Drayson Racing. The cars are being designed by McLaren, Spark Racing Technologies and Dallara. The latter released sketches last week of the race car design.
- Apple using Tesla Megapack energy storage at California Flats solar farm - April 1, 2021
- Tesla Supercharger network finally expanding into Romania - March 31, 2021
- Volkswagen USA LIED about changing its name to Voltswagen - March 31, 2021
- Apple moving 110 suppliers to renewable energy solutions - March 31, 2021
- BMW makes deal for lithium sourced from salt lakes in Argentina - March 30, 2021
- Kia introduces EV6, with 500 km range, ultra-fast 800v charging - March 30, 2021
- Volkswagen renames itself Voltswagen to demonstrate EV embrace - March 30, 2021
- Big Lie: Wind turbines cause Texas to freeze during massive winter storm - February 17, 2021
- Shell announces shift to renewable energy, peak oil production in 2019 - February 16, 2021
- Electric Last Mile Solutions seeks to electrify delivery van market - February 12, 2021