The Formula E electric race car series set its 2014 itinerary on an around-the-world tour of electric racing action. The preliminary calendar presented to the FIA include two races in Europe, two in North America, two in South America and two in Asia.
The Formula E series says they received formal requests from 23 cities on 5 continents interested in hosting a Formula E event. The cities chosen are:
- Europe: London, Rome,
- North America: Los Angeles, Miami,
- Asia: Beijing, Putrajaya,
- South America: Buenos Aires and Rio de Janeiro.
The series organizers say they still plan to hold 10 races during 2014, and that two slots are being kept open in the calendar “to include 2 additional cities among those that have expressed interest.”
At this time Formula E Holdings is working with prospective host cities “to discuss all the specific elements involved in hosting a street race.” The goal is to have signed agreements by July 1, 2013. The final calendar will be presented to FIA for its approval at the September 2013 World Motor Sport Council.
Two teams are currently signed up – China Racing and Drayson Racing. The cars are being designed by McLaren, Spark Racing Technologies and Dallara. The latter released sketches last week of the race car design.
- Protect yourself from unhealthy air in wildfire zones - September 12, 2020
- 5+ million acres burned, choking smoke, Climate Change accelerated - September 12, 2020
- La Nina develops, promising longer 2020 fire and hurricane season - September 10, 2020
- California wildfires 2020, over 2 million acres burned - September 9, 2020
- Disease risk higher in highly polluted areas – COVID-19 risk greater? - April 1, 2020
- Conservative values failing USA as EPA guts fuel efficiency standards, fails with COVID-19 response - April 1, 2020
- SunSpec aims to help Veterans transition to clean energy jobs - March 31, 2020
- US Dept of Energy funding electric vehicle and battery research - March 6, 2020
- Bucharest abandons Oxygen tax, amid high pollution event, and Dacia’s first electric car - March 5, 2020
- Renault brand Dacia unveils most affordable electric car in Europe - March 4, 2020