The Formula E electric race car series set its 2014 itinerary on an around-the-world tour of electric racing action. The preliminary calendar presented to the FIA include two races in Europe, two in North America, two in South America and two in Asia.
The Formula E series says they received formal requests from 23 cities on 5 continents interested in hosting a Formula E event. The cities chosen are:
- Europe: London, Rome,
- North America: Los Angeles, Miami,
- Asia: Beijing, Putrajaya,
- South America: Buenos Aires and Rio de Janeiro.
The series organizers say they still plan to hold 10 races during 2014, and that two slots are being kept open in the calendar “to include 2 additional cities among those that have expressed interest.”
At this time Formula E Holdings is working with prospective host cities “to discuss all the specific elements involved in hosting a street race.” The goal is to have signed agreements by July 1, 2013. The final calendar will be presented to FIA for its approval at the September 2013 World Motor Sport Council.
Two teams are currently signed up – China Racing and Drayson Racing. The cars are being designed by McLaren, Spark Racing Technologies and Dallara. The latter released sketches last week of the race car design.
- Is there enough Grid Capacity for Hydrogen Fuel Cell or Battery Electric cars? - April 23, 2023
- Is Tesla finagling to grab federal NEVI dollars for Supercharger network? - November 15, 2022
- Tesla announces the North American Charging Standard charging connector - November 11, 2022
- Lightning Motorcycles adopts Silicon battery, 5 minute charge time gives 135 miles range - November 9, 2022
- Tesla Autopilot under US Dept of Transportation scrutiny - June 13, 2022
- Spectacular CNG bus fire misrepresented as EV bus fire - April 21, 2022
- Moldova, Ukraine, Georgia, Russia, and the European Energy Crisis - December 21, 2021
- Li-Bridge leading the USA across lithium battery chasm - October 29, 2021
- USA increasing domestic lithium battery research and manufacturing - October 28, 2021
- Electrify America building USA/Canada-wide EV charging network - October 27, 2021