The Formula E electric race car series set its 2014 itinerary on an around-the-world tour of electric racing action. The preliminary calendar presented to the FIA include two races in Europe, two in North America, two in South America and two in Asia.
The Formula E series says they received formal requests from 23 cities on 5 continents interested in hosting a Formula E event. The cities chosen are:
- Europe: London, Rome,
- North America: Los Angeles, Miami,
- Asia: Beijing, Putrajaya,
- South America: Buenos Aires and Rio de Janeiro.
The series organizers say they still plan to hold 10 races during 2014, and that two slots are being kept open in the calendar “to include 2 additional cities among those that have expressed interest.”
At this time Formula E Holdings is working with prospective host cities “to discuss all the specific elements involved in hosting a street race.” The goal is to have signed agreements by July 1, 2013. The final calendar will be presented to FIA for its approval at the September 2013 World Motor Sport Council.
Two teams are currently signed up – China Racing and Drayson Racing. The cars are being designed by McLaren, Spark Racing Technologies and Dallara. The latter released sketches last week of the race car design.
- Hyundai/Kia investing in Arrival to co-develop electric vehicle technology - January 16, 2020
- EV charging station costs can be reduced, says Rocky Mountain Institute - January 16, 2020
- GM’s Hummer jaw dropping electric pickup return a sign of shifting car industry - January 13, 2020
- Every plug-in vehicle has the right to access charging stations - December 28, 2019
- eVgo offers CHAdeMO fast charging to Tesla owners – UPDATE - December 20, 2019
- Trump intervenes to kill EV tax break extension for Tesla and GM - December 17, 2019
- 2012 is calling wanting its all-electric Mini Cooper SE - December 17, 2019
- eVgo offering fast charging to Tesla’s on non-Tesla charging station - December 15, 2019
- DHL bringing electric delivery vehicle pilot project to USA - December 12, 2019
- Mayor Pete’s work at McKinsey included major study on energy efficiency and climate change - December 11, 2019