The prototype has a carbon fiber chassis and has been tested in extreme conditions. Quimera claims it represents the beginning of a new generation of motorsports.
It is being developed in partnership with the IMSA (International Motor Sport Association) and ALMS (American Le Mans Series). QRR – Quimera Responsible Racing is a joint venture between Quimera, IMSA – International Motor Sports Association, ALMS – American Le Mans Series, TTXGP, Formulec, Formula Drift and Altran, to spearhead next generation of non fossil fueled racing.
The presence of “TTXGP” in this list of partners is a little curious because TTXGP focuses on electric motorcycles. I do know from talking with Azhar Hussain that Mavizen is involved in the technology development, even though Quimera’s press release only discusses Altran (as the drive train supplier). TTXGP as an organization is involved with race series operations and promotions, not technology development. It has been discussed before that in some future, TTXGP and ALMS and perhaps others will be holding electric racing events involving both motorcycles and cars in the same event. Perhaps Quimera means that TTXGP is involved for that purpose?
- We must pressure Biden over climate despite choosing Kerry as climate representative - November 25, 2020
- Tesla Autopilot danger from “passive vigilance” effect - October 24, 2020
- CALFire seizes PG&E equipment investigating cause of Zogg Fire in 2020 wildfire season - October 10, 2020
- Protect yourself from unhealthy air in wildfire zones - September 12, 2020
- 5+ million acres burned, choking smoke, Climate Change accelerated - September 12, 2020
- La Nina develops, promising longer 2020 fire and hurricane season - September 10, 2020
- California wildfires 2020, over 2 million acres burned - September 9, 2020
- Disease risk higher in highly polluted areas – COVID-19 risk greater? - April 1, 2020
- Conservative values failing USA as EPA guts fuel efficiency standards, fails with COVID-19 response - April 1, 2020
- SunSpec aims to help Veterans transition to clean energy jobs - March 31, 2020