The prototype has a carbon fiber chassis and has been tested in extreme conditions. Quimera claims it represents the beginning of a new generation of motorsports.
It is being developed in partnership with the IMSA (International Motor Sport Association) and ALMS (American Le Mans Series). QRR – Quimera Responsible Racing is a joint venture between Quimera, IMSA – International Motor Sports Association, ALMS – American Le Mans Series, TTXGP, Formulec, Formula Drift and Altran, to spearhead next generation of non fossil fueled racing.
The presence of “TTXGP” in this list of partners is a little curious because TTXGP focuses on electric motorcycles. I do know from talking with Azhar Hussain that Mavizen is involved in the technology development, even though Quimera’s press release only discusses Altran (as the drive train supplier). TTXGP as an organization is involved with race series operations and promotions, not technology development. It has been discussed before that in some future, TTXGP and ALMS and perhaps others will be holding electric racing events involving both motorcycles and cars in the same event. Perhaps Quimera means that TTXGP is involved for that purpose?
- Is there enough Grid Capacity for Hydrogen Fuel Cell or Battery Electric cars? - April 23, 2023
- Is Tesla finagling to grab federal NEVI dollars for Supercharger network? - November 15, 2022
- Tesla announces the North American Charging Standard charging connector - November 11, 2022
- Lightning Motorcycles adopts Silicon battery, 5 minute charge time gives 135 miles range - November 9, 2022
- Tesla Autopilot under US Dept of Transportation scrutiny - June 13, 2022
- Spectacular CNG bus fire misrepresented as EV bus fire - April 21, 2022
- Moldova, Ukraine, Georgia, Russia, and the European Energy Crisis - December 21, 2021
- Li-Bridge leading the USA across lithium battery chasm - October 29, 2021
- USA increasing domestic lithium battery research and manufacturing - October 28, 2021
- Electrify America building USA/Canada-wide EV charging network - October 27, 2021