Rather than dissect why Lightning chose this path, let’s look forward to what is shaping up to be a seriously exciting TTXGP World Championship race at the Daytona International Raceway.
First, that race will have Muench Racing, Barracuda Lightning, Team Icon Brammo, as a repeat of the lineup at the Laguna Seca e-Power/TTXGP race, and will include Zongshen, assuming they choose to come to America for a race.
At Laguna Seca, Barracuda Lightning’s Michael Barnes barely beat Brammo’s Steve Atlas to win that race. However, he beat Muench’s Himmelmann by 16+ seconds.
At Le Mans, Barracuda Lightning’s Duhamel barely beat Muench’s Himmelmann by just shy of 2 seconds. We wonder how much effect on this result came from Duhamel’s lack of experience with this bike, as well as the lack of testing and setup time for Lightning to set up the bike for Duhamel.
At the Miller Motorsports race, Steve Atlas was badly beaten by team-mate Eric Bostrom.
At Le Mans, the Zongshen racers all finished well down from the leading bikes. However in most of their meetings Zongshen and Himmelman have been duking it out for the lead.
All this suggests there will be a massive battle between racers with the Brammo, Lightning, Muench and Zongshen teams. It’s just not clear enough to predict now who will win. The margin of victory in each of these pairings has not been clear enough to point to which team has the more powerful motorcycle/rider combination.
Oh, and there will probably be some Zero Motorcycles bikes, and the Virginia Tech team, and maybe even one or two of the teams from Australia. It’s fair to say that in the overall rankings these teams will finish well down, but that doesn’t mean their results won’t be as interesting. Effectively the TTXGP has three classes and the competition within these award categories is just as intense.
- A destroyed Paradise, PG&E shuts down power, Tesla catches up with Zombie Apocalypse - October 10, 2019
- Iowa declares EV charging is not a utility, and allows use of on-site solar/wind - October 9, 2019
- Trump administration reopens leasing of federal lands in California for fracking - October 7, 2019
- Fremont Police disputes hooplah over Tesla-based patrol car running out of power - October 1, 2019
- Solar and Wind power could help Romania avoid electricity blackouts - October 1, 2019
- Maserati, Bently, announce electrified vehicles - September 28, 2019
- Minnesota defies Trump, joins states using California clean car standards - September 28, 2019
- Hyundai launching Green Hydrogen fuel cell trucks in Switzerland - September 26, 2019
- First gasoline station in the USA switches to 100% electric vehicle charging - September 26, 2019
- The over-amped response to a Tesla-based Police car running out of power - September 25, 2019