Gnarboards – has designed a line of electric skateboards. The top end board has 3.4 kilowatts of power, 16.5 kiloWatts peak, and a 0-28 miles/hr time of 1.9 seconds. It has four motors, one for each of the four wheels, a 300 amp controller, and a 37 volt 20 amp-hour LiPO battery pack. That means the battery pack can pull 15C if I’m doing the math right.
Obviously these are not your grandfathers skateboards.
- Disease risk higher in highly polluted areas – COVID-19 risk greater? - April 1, 2020
- Conservative values failing USA as EPA guts fuel efficiency standards, fails with COVID-19 response - April 1, 2020
- SunSpec aims to help Veterans transition to clean energy jobs - March 31, 2020
- US Dept of Energy funding electric vehicle and battery research - March 6, 2020
- Bucharest abandons Oxygen tax, amid high pollution event, and Dacia’s first electric car - March 5, 2020
- Renault brand Dacia unveils most affordable electric car in Europe - March 4, 2020
- Pandemics, like Coronavirus, and our RoboTaxi-driven autonomous future - February 28, 2020
- Big advertising splash for GMC Hummer EV - January 30, 2020
- EU’s Green Deal means Romania risks losing 40% of electricity production - January 27, 2020
- Hyundai/Kia investing in Arrival to co-develop electric vehicle technology - January 16, 2020