Gnarboards – has designed a line of electric skateboards. The top end board has 3.4 kilowatts of power, 16.5 kiloWatts peak, and a 0-28 miles/hr time of 1.9 seconds. It has four motors, one for each of the four wheels, a 300 amp controller, and a 37 volt 20 amp-hour LiPO battery pack. That means the battery pack can pull 15C if I’m doing the math right.
Obviously these are not your grandfathers skateboards.
- Protect yourself from unhealthy air in wildfire zones - September 12, 2020
- 5+ million acres burned, choking smoke, Climate Change accelerated - September 12, 2020
- La Nina develops, promising longer 2020 fire and hurricane season - September 10, 2020
- California wildfires 2020, over 2 million acres burned - September 9, 2020
- Disease risk higher in highly polluted areas – COVID-19 risk greater? - April 1, 2020
- Conservative values failing USA as EPA guts fuel efficiency standards, fails with COVID-19 response - April 1, 2020
- SunSpec aims to help Veterans transition to clean energy jobs - March 31, 2020
- US Dept of Energy funding electric vehicle and battery research - March 6, 2020
- Bucharest abandons Oxygen tax, amid high pollution event, and Dacia’s first electric car - March 5, 2020
- Renault brand Dacia unveils most affordable electric car in Europe - March 4, 2020