A brother-sister team, Mike & Kim Brouwers of Brouwers Racing, are new participants this time. Kim Brouwers is riding Agni Motors’ 2009 bike which won that years TTXGP on the Isle of Man, while Mike Brouwers was riding a 2010 Mavizen bike. In Kim’s case, the bike had controller issues that left only one motor running, and in Mikes case the bike was just slow (the 2010 Mavizen bikes were never speed demons). As of the qualifying round, both are said to be disappointed, but it’s possible that the support engineers have simply dialed down the controllers because both these riders are new to electric machines.
Meunch Racing is happy to be there, having just raced in America at Laguna Seca. They’re replacing the front fork on Himmelmann’s bike, and he’s quoted saying “I love my new motor, it is very powerful and once I have my front fork set up just how I like, I know I will be putting in faster lap-times, I know and like this circuit and am confident for tomorrow.” BTW – the “new motor” he refers to is due to the team having replaced the Siemens motor they’d used since 2010, with a new one (on both bikes) from Wittenstein.
Zongshen has introduced a new bike which is described as “next years machine” and this year they are testing that new machine by racing it.
Results from the qualifying session are as follows :
|1||49||Matthias Himmelman||Muench Racing||1:53.710||144.2|
|2||59||Ho Chi Fung||Zongshen racing||2:02.617||8:907||8:907||133.73|
|3||64||Wayne Tessels||Zongshen Racing||2:06.010||12.300||3.393||130.13|
|4||26||Tang Yu||Zongshen Racing||2:09.283||15.573||3.273||126.83|
|5||25||Mike Brouwers||Brouwer racing||2:16.858||23.148||7.575||119.81|
|6||62||Kim Brouwers||Bruwer Racing||2:47.904||54.194||31.046||97.66|
2 non starters for qualifying session.
- Scam alert tossed at Lightning Motorcycles - November 13, 2019
- Rivian talking electric adventure trucks while developing electric commercial trucks - November 13, 2019
- Tesla Model 3 arrives in China with dual charging ports - November 12, 2019
- Tesla Model 3 achieves 1000km in 10 hours on Ionity chargers - October 31, 2019
- GM, other automakers, side with Trump Administration in fight against California - October 28, 2019
- CPUC aiming regulatory guns at utilities that over-do power shut-off events - October 28, 2019
- Climate Change threatens existence of PG&E and many other companies - October 27, 2019
- The TT ZERO race is dead after years of neglect by IOM TT organization - October 25, 2019
- Sen. Schumer proposes US completely switch to ZEV’s by 2040 - October 25, 2019
- Bucharest City Council passes ban on polluting cars entering the city - October 25, 2019