A brother-sister team, Mike & Kim Brouwers of Brouwers Racing, are new participants this time. Kim Brouwers is riding Agni Motors’ 2009 bike which won that years TTXGP on the Isle of Man, while Mike Brouwers was riding a 2010 Mavizen bike. In Kim’s case, the bike had controller issues that left only one motor running, and in Mikes case the bike was just slow (the 2010 Mavizen bikes were never speed demons). As of the qualifying round, both are said to be disappointed, but it’s possible that the support engineers have simply dialed down the controllers because both these riders are new to electric machines.
Meunch Racing is happy to be there, having just raced in America at Laguna Seca. They’re replacing the front fork on Himmelmann’s bike, and he’s quoted saying “I love my new motor, it is very powerful and once I have my front fork set up just how I like, I know I will be putting in faster lap-times, I know and like this circuit and am confident for tomorrow.” BTW – the “new motor” he refers to is due to the team having replaced the Siemens motor they’d used since 2010, with a new one (on both bikes) from Wittenstein.
Zongshen has introduced a new bike which is described as “next years machine” and this year they are testing that new machine by racing it.
Results from the qualifying session are as follows :
|1||49||Matthias Himmelman||Muench Racing||1:53.710||144.2|
|2||59||Ho Chi Fung||Zongshen racing||2:02.617||8:907||8:907||133.73|
|3||64||Wayne Tessels||Zongshen Racing||2:06.010||12.300||3.393||130.13|
|4||26||Tang Yu||Zongshen Racing||2:09.283||15.573||3.273||126.83|
|5||25||Mike Brouwers||Brouwer racing||2:16.858||23.148||7.575||119.81|
|6||62||Kim Brouwers||Bruwer Racing||2:47.904||54.194||31.046||97.66|
2 non starters for qualifying session.
- We must pressure Biden over climate despite choosing Kerry as climate representative - November 25, 2020
- Tesla Autopilot danger from “passive vigilance” effect - October 24, 2020
- CALFire seizes PG&E equipment investigating cause of Zogg Fire in 2020 wildfire season - October 10, 2020
- Protect yourself from unhealthy air in wildfire zones - September 12, 2020
- 5+ million acres burned, choking smoke, Climate Change accelerated - September 12, 2020
- La Nina develops, promising longer 2020 fire and hurricane season - September 10, 2020
- California wildfires 2020, over 2 million acres burned - September 9, 2020
- Disease risk higher in highly polluted areas – COVID-19 risk greater? - April 1, 2020
- Conservative values failing USA as EPA guts fuel efficiency standards, fails with COVID-19 response - April 1, 2020
- SunSpec aims to help Veterans transition to clean energy jobs - March 31, 2020