A brother-sister team, Mike & Kim Brouwers of Brouwers Racing, are new participants this time. Kim Brouwers is riding Agni Motors’ 2009 bike which won that years TTXGP on the Isle of Man, while Mike Brouwers was riding a 2010 Mavizen bike. In Kim’s case, the bike had controller issues that left only one motor running, and in Mikes case the bike was just slow (the 2010 Mavizen bikes were never speed demons). As of the qualifying round, both are said to be disappointed, but it’s possible that the support engineers have simply dialed down the controllers because both these riders are new to electric machines.
Meunch Racing is happy to be there, having just raced in America at Laguna Seca. They’re replacing the front fork on Himmelmann’s bike, and he’s quoted saying “I love my new motor, it is very powerful and once I have my front fork set up just how I like, I know I will be putting in faster lap-times, I know and like this circuit and am confident for tomorrow.” BTW – the “new motor” he refers to is due to the team having replaced the Siemens motor they’d used since 2010, with a new one (on both bikes) from Wittenstein.
Zongshen has introduced a new bike which is described as “next years machine” and this year they are testing that new machine by racing it.
Results from the qualifying session are as follows :
|1||49||Matthias Himmelman||Muench Racing||1:53.710||144.2|
|2||59||Ho Chi Fung||Zongshen racing||2:02.617||8:907||8:907||133.73|
|3||64||Wayne Tessels||Zongshen Racing||2:06.010||12.300||3.393||130.13|
|4||26||Tang Yu||Zongshen Racing||2:09.283||15.573||3.273||126.83|
|5||25||Mike Brouwers||Brouwer racing||2:16.858||23.148||7.575||119.81|
|6||62||Kim Brouwers||Bruwer Racing||2:47.904||54.194||31.046||97.66|
2 non starters for qualifying session.
- Fuel cell airplane maker ZeroAvia taking on mid-range commercial air travel - August 14, 2019
- Our society is living on borrowed ancient sunlight - August 1, 2019
- Timisoara RO, curiously plans to buy light rail cars with batteries - July 18, 2019
- Chevy Bolt owner to NY Times: LA to Las Vegas takes 1/2 hour charging, not 2 1/2 - July 11, 2019
- MotoE World Cup rises from the ashes, holds first electric motorcycle race of 2019 season - July 7, 2019
- An RV based on the Tesla Semi misses the point of Tesla - July 7, 2019
- No, another high end electric sports car will not kill Tesla Motors - June 28, 2019
- LA to Vegas and back by electric car: Another unwarranted slam by a NY Times reporter - June 23, 2019
- GOP State Senators in Oregon flee vote on Cap & Trade bill - June 20, 2019
- Hydrogen refueling station in Oslo Norway explodes and burns - June 10, 2019