A brother-sister team, Mike & Kim Brouwers of Brouwers Racing, are new participants this time. Kim Brouwers is riding Agni Motors’ 2009 bike which won that years TTXGP on the Isle of Man, while Mike Brouwers was riding a 2010 Mavizen bike. In Kim’s case, the bike had controller issues that left only one motor running, and in Mikes case the bike was just slow (the 2010 Mavizen bikes were never speed demons). As of the qualifying round, both are said to be disappointed, but it’s possible that the support engineers have simply dialed down the controllers because both these riders are new to electric machines.
Meunch Racing is happy to be there, having just raced in America at Laguna Seca. They’re replacing the front fork on Himmelmann’s bike, and he’s quoted saying “I love my new motor, it is very powerful and once I have my front fork set up just how I like, I know I will be putting in faster lap-times, I know and like this circuit and am confident for tomorrow.” BTW – the “new motor” he refers to is due to the team having replaced the Siemens motor they’d used since 2010, with a new one (on both bikes) from Wittenstein.
Zongshen has introduced a new bike which is described as “next years machine” and this year they are testing that new machine by racing it.
Results from the qualifying session are as follows :
|1||49||Matthias Himmelman||Muench Racing||1:53.710||144.2|
|2||59||Ho Chi Fung||Zongshen racing||2:02.617||8:907||8:907||133.73|
|3||64||Wayne Tessels||Zongshen Racing||2:06.010||12.300||3.393||130.13|
|4||26||Tang Yu||Zongshen Racing||2:09.283||15.573||3.273||126.83|
|5||25||Mike Brouwers||Brouwer racing||2:16.858||23.148||7.575||119.81|
|6||62||Kim Brouwers||Bruwer Racing||2:47.904||54.194||31.046||97.66|
2 non starters for qualifying session.
- Is there enough Grid Capacity for Hydrogen Fuel Cell or Battery Electric cars? - April 23, 2023
- Is Tesla finagling to grab federal NEVI dollars for Supercharger network? - November 15, 2022
- Tesla announces the North American Charging Standard charging connector - November 11, 2022
- Lightning Motorcycles adopts Silicon battery, 5 minute charge time gives 135 miles range - November 9, 2022
- Tesla Autopilot under US Dept of Transportation scrutiny - June 13, 2022
- Spectacular CNG bus fire misrepresented as EV bus fire - April 21, 2022
- Moldova, Ukraine, Georgia, Russia, and the European Energy Crisis - December 21, 2021
- Li-Bridge leading the USA across lithium battery chasm - October 29, 2021
- USA increasing domestic lithium battery research and manufacturing - October 28, 2021
- Electrify America building USA/Canada-wide EV charging network - October 27, 2021