A brother-sister team, Mike & Kim Brouwers of Brouwers Racing, are new participants this time. Kim Brouwers is riding Agni Motors’ 2009 bike which won that years TTXGP on the Isle of Man, while Mike Brouwers was riding a 2010 Mavizen bike. In Kim’s case, the bike had controller issues that left only one motor running, and in Mikes case the bike was just slow (the 2010 Mavizen bikes were never speed demons). As of the qualifying round, both are said to be disappointed, but it’s possible that the support engineers have simply dialed down the controllers because both these riders are new to electric machines.
Meunch Racing is happy to be there, having just raced in America at Laguna Seca. They’re replacing the front fork on Himmelmann’s bike, and he’s quoted saying “I love my new motor, it is very powerful and once I have my front fork set up just how I like, I know I will be putting in faster lap-times, I know and like this circuit and am confident for tomorrow.” BTW – the “new motor” he refers to is due to the team having replaced the Siemens motor they’d used since 2010, with a new one (on both bikes) from Wittenstein.
Zongshen has introduced a new bike which is described as “next years machine” and this year they are testing that new machine by racing it.
Results from the qualifying session are as follows :
|1||49||Matthias Himmelman||Muench Racing||1:53.710||144.2|
|2||59||Ho Chi Fung||Zongshen racing||2:02.617||8:907||8:907||133.73|
|3||64||Wayne Tessels||Zongshen Racing||2:06.010||12.300||3.393||130.13|
|4||26||Tang Yu||Zongshen Racing||2:09.283||15.573||3.273||126.83|
|5||25||Mike Brouwers||Brouwer racing||2:16.858||23.148||7.575||119.81|
|6||62||Kim Brouwers||Bruwer Racing||2:47.904||54.194||31.046||97.66|
2 non starters for qualifying session.
- Komatsu and Honda jointly create electric micro-Excavator - July 10, 2021
- California launches massive Rule-Making effort for clean energy electricity grid - July 9, 2021
- Apple using Tesla Megapack energy storage at California Flats solar farm - April 1, 2021
- Tesla Supercharger network finally expanding into Romania - March 31, 2021
- Volkswagen USA LIED about changing its name to Voltswagen - March 31, 2021
- Apple moving 110 suppliers to renewable energy solutions - March 31, 2021
- BMW makes deal for lithium sourced from salt lakes in Argentina - March 30, 2021
- Kia introduces EV6, with 500 km range, ultra-fast 800v charging - March 30, 2021
- Volkswagen renames itself Voltswagen to demonstrate EV embrace - March 30, 2021
- Big Lie: Wind turbines cause Texas to freeze during massive winter storm - February 17, 2021