The other change in the team is the addition of a second bike, to be ridden by a top AMA Superbike racer, Eric Bostrom. While he didn’t make it out yesterday in practice I suppose we should expect good things from him.
As for the new motor – the blog entry doesn’t say much. It does acknowledge that the Empulse RR has been at a speed disadvantage compared with the other top bikes in the TTXGP field. These are Lightning and MotoCzysz. The blog entry does say “now that we have the chassis setup as well as we do, we should be able to put a good deal more of the available power provided by the new powerplant to the ground.”
While Brammo won the 2011 North America Championship, the team lost to Lightning and MotoCzysz on every outing. At Laguna Seca last year the team finished in fourth place.
At the 2012 REFUEL race (also at Laguna Seca) Steve Atlas’ best lap time was 1:40.441 and he’s already beaten that time with a 1:39.233. But of course Lightning hasn’t been sitting still, and Michael Barnes beat that time with a 1:35 while complaining about preparation and promising to beat Steve Rapp’s 1:31 time from 2011’s Laguna Seca Race.
- Fuel cell airplane maker ZeroAvia taking on mid-range commercial air travel - August 14, 2019
- Our society is living on borrowed ancient sunlight - August 1, 2019
- Timisoara RO, curiously plans to buy light rail cars with batteries - July 18, 2019
- Chevy Bolt owner to NY Times: LA to Las Vegas takes 1/2 hour charging, not 2 1/2 - July 11, 2019
- MotoE World Cup rises from the ashes, holds first electric motorcycle race of 2019 season - July 7, 2019
- An RV based on the Tesla Semi misses the point of Tesla - July 7, 2019
- No, another high end electric sports car will not kill Tesla Motors - June 28, 2019
- LA to Vegas and back by electric car: Another unwarranted slam by a NY Times reporter - June 23, 2019
- GOP State Senators in Oregon flee vote on Cap & Trade bill - June 20, 2019
- Hydrogen refueling station in Oslo Norway explodes and burns - June 10, 2019