The other change in the team is the addition of a second bike, to be ridden by a top AMA Superbike racer, Eric Bostrom. While he didn’t make it out yesterday in practice I suppose we should expect good things from him.
As for the new motor – the blog entry doesn’t say much. It does acknowledge that the Empulse RR has been at a speed disadvantage compared with the other top bikes in the TTXGP field. These are Lightning and MotoCzysz. The blog entry does say “now that we have the chassis setup as well as we do, we should be able to put a good deal more of the available power provided by the new powerplant to the ground.”
While Brammo won the 2011 North America Championship, the team lost to Lightning and MotoCzysz on every outing. At Laguna Seca last year the team finished in fourth place.
At the 2012 REFUEL race (also at Laguna Seca) Steve Atlas’ best lap time was 1:40.441 and he’s already beaten that time with a 1:39.233. But of course Lightning hasn’t been sitting still, and Michael Barnes beat that time with a 1:35 while complaining about preparation and promising to beat Steve Rapp’s 1:31 time from 2011’s Laguna Seca Race.
- Apple using Tesla Megapack energy storage at California Flats solar farm - April 1, 2021
- Tesla Supercharger network finally expanding into Romania - March 31, 2021
- Volkswagen USA LIED about changing its name to Voltswagen - March 31, 2021
- Apple moving 110 suppliers to renewable energy solutions - March 31, 2021
- BMW makes deal for lithium sourced from salt lakes in Argentina - March 30, 2021
- Kia introduces EV6, with 500 km range, ultra-fast 800v charging - March 30, 2021
- Volkswagen renames itself Voltswagen to demonstrate EV embrace - March 30, 2021
- Big Lie: Wind turbines cause Texas to freeze during massive winter storm - February 17, 2021
- Shell announces shift to renewable energy, peak oil production in 2019 - February 16, 2021
- Electric Last Mile Solutions seeks to electrify delivery van market - February 12, 2021