Pos No Gr Name Class Machine Fastest On Lap Gap Behind
1 100 Jason MORRIS (NSW) / Solar Power Australia /Catavolt 1:17.210 3 of 3
2 46 Daniel SAILER (NSW) / Ripperton Racing /Yamaha R1 1:19.502 3 of 3 2.292 2.292
The race started with Morris’s Catavolt machine pulling away with the extra power available to it, but it wasn’t long before Sailor was on his heels, pressing here and there, showing a wheel, pulling back , then making a successful passing move to take the lead. But Morris had the power to take back the lead, it took a couple of laps for Morris to figure out the new handling features of the new rubber, but his experience with Supermoto allowed for some quick learning.
Racing was very close with a number of lead changes but you could see a hunger in Morris’s riding style, he was pushing harder than he had previously. He took the win with a slim 1.2 second margin.
Jason Morris Round Winner “We have come so far in the 12 months we’ve been running as its been mentioned before we’ve drop now officially 15 seconds from where we started out and anyone within motorsport knows that’s a longways to come in 12 months”
Daniel Sailor “Technically Jason’s motor is twice as big as mine but I think mine handles better, on track its crush kill destroy but off the track were good friends, we help each other out with tools and battery chargers.”
Catavolt is still using the Enertrac hub motor in the rear, with lithium iron phosphate batteries.
Ripperton is using a highly customized liquid cooled Motenergy AC motor, with lithium polymer cells.
The Catavolt setup is significantly heavier than the Ripperton R1 yet it performs almost on a par with the R1. With a lighter battery setup Catavolt might prove difficult to catch.
Race 1 results (saturday afternoon)
Pos No Gr Name Machine Laps Time Behind Fastest On Lap
1 46 Daniel SAILER (NSW) / Ripperton Racing Yamaha R1 4 5:11.417 1:15.607 2
2 100 Jason MORRIS (NSW) / Solar Power Australia Catavolt 4 5:11.913 .496 1:16.169 3
Fastest Lap was 1:15.607 by Daniel SAILER (NSW)
Race 2 results (sunday afternoon)
1 100 Jason MORRIS (NSW) / Solar Power Australia Catavolt 4 5:12.388 1:15.852 3
2 46 Daniel SAILER (NSW) / Ripperton Racing Yamaha R1 4 5:13.592 1.204 1:15.633 3
Fastest Lap was 1:15.633 by Daniel SAILER (NSW)
Current race record for eFXC class – 1:20.608 by Daniel SAILER (NSW) on a Yamaha R1 set on 08/10/11
- Tesla Autopilot under US Dept of Transportation scrutiny - June 13, 2022
- Spectacular CNG bus fire misrepresented as EV bus fire - April 21, 2022
- Moldova, Ukraine, Georgia, Russia, and the European Energy Crisis - December 21, 2021
- Li-Bridge leading the USA across lithium battery chasm - October 29, 2021
- USA increasing domestic lithium battery research and manufacturing - October 28, 2021
- Electrify America building USA/Canada-wide EV charging network - October 27, 2021
- Komatsu and Honda create electric micro-Excavator - July 10, 2021
- California launches Rule-Making for clean energy electricity grid - July 9, 2021
- Apple California Flats solar farm using Tesla Megapack energy storage - April 1, 2021
- Tesla Supercharger network finally expanding into Romania - March 31, 2021