The event is named The EV Rally and is sponsored in part by the Electric Drive Transportation Association (EDTA).
Entry fee is $50 and covers “parking, gate entrance, dash plaque and the opportunity to take their “plug in” automobiles on a lap around the famous IMS oval.”
The event is connected to the running of the “2nd International Collegiate evGrandPrix,” a collegiate level racing series using electric go-karts. See: http://evgrandprix.org/
Fast Track: Electric Car Drivers Invited to Drive Indy 500 Raceway
Owners and drivers of plug-in electric vehicles can participate in the EV Rally at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway by completing a registration form online. The $50 registration fee includes parking, gate entrance, dash plaque and the opportunity to drive around the famous race track. In addition to the EV Rally, the Speedway is also hosting on May 12 a series of Emerging Technology activities including an electric cart race in the Purdue Grand Prix and alternative fuel vehicles ride and drives.
“The EV Rally is a great opportunity to showcase to race fans and the public some of the new plug-in electric cars on American roads,”said EDTA President Brian Wynne. “We encourage electric vehicle owners and drivers to participate in this exciting event and thank the Indianapolis Motor Speedway for its support in promoting emerging technology vehicles.”
About EDTA: The Electric Drive Transportation Association (EDTA) is the preeminent trade association representing battery, hybrid, plug-in hybrid and fuel cell electric drive technologies and infrastructure. EDTA conducts public policy advocacy, education, industry networking, and international conferences. EDTA’s membership includes vehicle and equipment manufacturers, energy companies, technology developers, component suppliers, government agencies and others. For more information about EDTA and its members, visit ElectricDrive.org. For information about owning and operating electric vehicles, please visit GoElectricDrive.com.
- Komatsu and Honda jointly create electric micro-Excavator - July 10, 2021
- California launches massive Rule-Making effort for clean energy electricity grid - July 9, 2021
- Apple using Tesla Megapack energy storage at California Flats solar farm - April 1, 2021
- Tesla Supercharger network finally expanding into Romania - March 31, 2021
- Volkswagen USA LIED about changing its name to Voltswagen - March 31, 2021
- Apple moving 110 suppliers to renewable energy solutions - March 31, 2021
- BMW makes deal for lithium sourced from salt lakes in Argentina - March 30, 2021
- Kia introduces EV6, with 500 km range, ultra-fast 800v charging - March 30, 2021
- Volkswagen renames itself Voltswagen to demonstrate EV embrace - March 30, 2021
- Big Lie: Wind turbines cause Texas to freeze during massive winter storm - February 17, 2021