The event is named The EV Rally and is sponsored in part by the Electric Drive Transportation Association (EDTA).
Entry fee is $50 and covers “parking, gate entrance, dash plaque and the opportunity to take their “plug in” automobiles on a lap around the famous IMS oval.”
The event is connected to the running of the “2nd International Collegiate evGrandPrix,” a collegiate level racing series using electric go-karts. See: http://evgrandprix.org/
Fast Track: Electric Car Drivers Invited to Drive Indy 500 Raceway
Owners and drivers of plug-in electric vehicles can participate in the EV Rally at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway by completing a registration form online. The $50 registration fee includes parking, gate entrance, dash plaque and the opportunity to drive around the famous race track. In addition to the EV Rally, the Speedway is also hosting on May 12 a series of Emerging Technology activities including an electric cart race in the Purdue Grand Prix and alternative fuel vehicles ride and drives.
“The EV Rally is a great opportunity to showcase to race fans and the public some of the new plug-in electric cars on American roads,”said EDTA President Brian Wynne. “We encourage electric vehicle owners and drivers to participate in this exciting event and thank the Indianapolis Motor Speedway for its support in promoting emerging technology vehicles.”
About EDTA: The Electric Drive Transportation Association (EDTA) is the preeminent trade association representing battery, hybrid, plug-in hybrid and fuel cell electric drive technologies and infrastructure. EDTA conducts public policy advocacy, education, industry networking, and international conferences. EDTA’s membership includes vehicle and equipment manufacturers, energy companies, technology developers, component suppliers, government agencies and others. For more information about EDTA and its members, visit ElectricDrive.org. For information about owning and operating electric vehicles, please visit GoElectricDrive.com.
- California defies Trump Administration on lightbulb efficiency standards - December 5, 2019
- NYC, LA, DC and 23 states sue EPA over rescinding emissions standards waiver - December 5, 2019
- Arizona’s Salt River Project adding massive 1GW energy storage system, replacing a giant coal power plant - December 5, 2019
- Ford flatters Tesla with new Mustang Mach-E - November 21, 2019
- Microgrids could prevent extreme power outages, but some experts disagree - November 18, 2019
- Scam alert tossed at Lightning Motorcycles - November 13, 2019
- Rivian talking electric adventure trucks while developing electric commercial trucks - November 13, 2019
- Tesla Model 3 arrives in China with dual charging ports - November 12, 2019
- Tesla Model 3 achieves 1000km in 10 hours on Ionity chargers - October 31, 2019
- GM, other automakers, side with Trump Administration in fight against California - October 28, 2019