We plan to contest every North American Round of TTXGP and the World Final in Daytona. Plus the FIM race at Laguna Seca. More details and announcement of our new sponsor coming soon….
|Steve Atlas, riding for Brammo, in the Corckscrew @ Laguna Seca during the FIM e-Power / TTXGP race in July 2011|
Brammo may have chosen to wait out the 2012 season and instead focus on the business of building and selling electric motorcycles. For example, Mission Motors obviously has a top end bike but have repeatedly said that racing isn’t their goal, selling motorcycles isn’t their goal, instead whatever race participation they do has the goal of a bit of R&D and a bit of attention getting. On the other hand Lightning Motors has a huge focus on racing, with a longer term goal of selling a line of electric motorcycles riding on the cachet of being the top electric motorcycle race team. Brammo’s goals seem to be somewhere in the middle in that they’re committed to selling a line of electric motorcycles, and at the same time are interested in racing and the R&D that occurs on the track.
Over on the TTXGP Matters blog, Richard says someone told him Brammo would be back with a motor that’s twice as powerful as last years. (see http://ttxgpmatters.wordpress.com/2012/02/15/brammo-is-all-in-for-2012-ttxgp-lightning-has-a-dance-partner/) They should also finally be coming to the track with a bike that has the 6-speed transmission built in (the 2011 bike did not have the transmission). As Richard says, the 2011 Brammo bike had the range, had the rider, had the suspension and handling, but did not have the oomph to beat Lightning or MotoCzysz.
- Tesla Autopilot under US Dept of Transportation scrutiny - June 13, 2022
- Spectacular CNG bus fire misrepresented as EV bus fire - April 21, 2022
- Moldova, Ukraine, Georgia, Russia, and the European Energy Crisis - December 21, 2021
- Li-Bridge leading the USA across lithium battery chasm - October 29, 2021
- USA increasing domestic lithium battery research and manufacturing - October 28, 2021
- Electrify America building USA/Canada-wide EV charging network - October 27, 2021
- Komatsu and Honda create electric micro-Excavator - July 10, 2021
- California launches Rule-Making for clean energy electricity grid - July 9, 2021
- Apple California Flats solar farm using Tesla Megapack energy storage - April 1, 2021
- Tesla Supercharger network finally expanding into Romania - March 31, 2021