We plan to contest every North American Round of TTXGP and the World Final in Daytona. Plus the FIM race at Laguna Seca. More details and announcement of our new sponsor coming soon….
|Steve Atlas, riding for Brammo, in the Corckscrew @ Laguna Seca during the FIM e-Power / TTXGP race in July 2011|
Brammo may have chosen to wait out the 2012 season and instead focus on the business of building and selling electric motorcycles. For example, Mission Motors obviously has a top end bike but have repeatedly said that racing isn’t their goal, selling motorcycles isn’t their goal, instead whatever race participation they do has the goal of a bit of R&D and a bit of attention getting. On the other hand Lightning Motors has a huge focus on racing, with a longer term goal of selling a line of electric motorcycles riding on the cachet of being the top electric motorcycle race team. Brammo’s goals seem to be somewhere in the middle in that they’re committed to selling a line of electric motorcycles, and at the same time are interested in racing and the R&D that occurs on the track.
Over on the TTXGP Matters blog, Richard says someone told him Brammo would be back with a motor that’s twice as powerful as last years. (see http://ttxgpmatters.wordpress.com/2012/02/15/brammo-is-all-in-for-2012-ttxgp-lightning-has-a-dance-partner/) They should also finally be coming to the track with a bike that has the 6-speed transmission built in (the 2011 bike did not have the transmission). As Richard says, the 2011 Brammo bike had the range, had the rider, had the suspension and handling, but did not have the oomph to beat Lightning or MotoCzysz.
- Scam alert tossed at Lightning Motorcycles - November 13, 2019
- Rivian talking electric adventure trucks while developing electric commercial trucks - November 13, 2019
- Tesla Model 3 arrives in China with dual charging ports - November 12, 2019
- Tesla Model 3 achieves 1000km in 10 hours on Ionity chargers - October 31, 2019
- GM, other automakers, side with Trump Administration in fight against California - October 28, 2019
- CPUC aiming regulatory guns at utilities that over-do power shut-off events - October 28, 2019
- Climate Change threatens existence of PG&E and many other companies - October 27, 2019
- The TT ZERO race is dead after years of neglect by IOM TT organization - October 25, 2019
- Sen. Schumer proposes US completely switch to ZEV’s by 2040 - October 25, 2019
- Bucharest City Council passes ban on polluting cars entering the city - October 25, 2019