One issue hanging over the TTXGP has been the fight with the FIM, and the lack of sanctioning of TTXGP events. The FIM is the sanctioning body that has positioned itself as the overlord of all motorcycle racing. So far the TTXGP and FIM have been unable to cooperate on coordinating TTXGP’s electric motorcycle racing into FIM’s umbrella. But what TTXGP has done instead is work with continent-level branches of the FIM.
TTXGP has a long-standing relationship with the AMA under which TTXGP can race at AMA events. In the 2010 season this meant four AMA weekends also featured TTXGP racing, however in 2011 the North America schedule got all screwed up and only one of the races last year was held on an AMA weekend. In 2012 the schedule announced yesterday only lists one AMA race weekend, and two race weekends in conjunction with a local racing club.
In Europe the TTXGP has had a long-standing relationship with the ACU, and now with the UEM.
From Press Release: http://www.egrandprix.com/news.php?id=266
UEM furthers its involvement with electric racing!
18th January 2012
TTXGP Press office
TTXGP are very please to announce a new partnership with UEM; the European Federation of the FIM, that will see the UEM have a greater stake in electric racing and nurture the next generation of motorsport throughout the European rounds of the championship.
The founder/principal of TTXGP, Mr. Azhar Hussain spoke of the partnership “we very enthusiastic to welcome such a fantastic partner in the UEM to sanction our European championship; working with such respected motorsport body as well as honoured professionals will aid TTXGP to grow and thrive and we are very much looking forward to an exciting year of racing. UEM will add stability to the calendar as well expertise and connections all of which will make TTXGP stronger.”
The partnership agreement was formally approved at the Board meeting of the UEM this December. Upon signing Mr Mazzi, President of the the UEM said “We are very pleased of this agreement that pose the UEM in front of the technical innovation. Duty of the UEM is to grow our sport in Europe and this is a very important occasion to find new paths”.
UEM in Europe join FIM North America union in the US as sanctioning bodies for TTXGP regional championships and grow our global family of partners. The new TTXGP Euro calendar sanctioned by the UEM will be announced shortly. All additional dates will join Assen which has agreed a historic three year deal with electric motorsport, the first venue to offer TTXGP a multiyear contract and partnership that signals the staying power of electric motorsport.
- Protect yourself from unhealthy air in wildfire zones - September 12, 2020
- 5+ million acres burned, choking smoke, Climate Change accelerated - September 12, 2020
- La Nina develops, promising longer 2020 fire and hurricane season - September 10, 2020
- California wildfires 2020, over 2 million acres burned - September 9, 2020
- Disease risk higher in highly polluted areas – COVID-19 risk greater? - April 1, 2020
- Conservative values failing USA as EPA guts fuel efficiency standards, fails with COVID-19 response - April 1, 2020
- SunSpec aims to help Veterans transition to clean energy jobs - March 31, 2020
- US Dept of Energy funding electric vehicle and battery research - March 6, 2020
- Bucharest abandons Oxygen tax, amid high pollution event, and Dacia’s first electric car - March 5, 2020
- Renault brand Dacia unveils most affordable electric car in Europe - March 4, 2020