Drayson Racing is headed by Lord Drayson, former Minister of Science and Innovation, alongside current Minister for Trade and Investment, Lord Green. While the team races with high powered gas cars, they’re also working on electric race cars.
Lord Drayson, Managing Partner at Drayson Racing Technologies and President of the Motorsport Industry Association commented: “Electric racing is really taking off with the launch of the new FIA Formula E world championship for electric racing cars planned for 2013 and we are delighted to be able to showcase at this conference the work we are doing to prepare for this exciting new championship. Electric racing is a major new business opportunity for motorsport and underlines the growing commercial potential of green racing with new drivetrains, new materials, new fuels and new aerodynamic developments that will be highlighted at the conference. It is an exciting time to be a race engineer.”
“Lola is pleased to be present at the 2012 MIA Low Carbon Racing Conference and delighted to unveil the all-electric powered Lola-Drayson B12/69EV,” commented Robin Brundle, Lola Group Managing Director. “This innovative new project will evidence several new technologies with a variety of well-known technical suppliers, to show that zero carbon, clean racing can be fast and exciting whilst offering a stimulating engineering challenge.”
Drayson Racing is also working with Vantage Power on electric car development.
Lola-Drayson All-Electric Car to be unveiled at 2012 Low Carbon Racing Conference
6th MIA International Low Carbon Racing Conference at Autosport International
- Is Tesla finagling to grab federal NEVI dollars for Supercharger network? - November 15, 2022
- Tesla announces the North American Charging Standard charging connector - November 11, 2022
- Lightning Motorcycles adopts Silicon battery, 5 minute charge time gives 135 miles range - November 9, 2022
- Tesla Autopilot under US Dept of Transportation scrutiny - June 13, 2022
- Spectacular CNG bus fire misrepresented as EV bus fire - April 21, 2022
- Moldova, Ukraine, Georgia, Russia, and the European Energy Crisis - December 21, 2021
- Li-Bridge leading the USA across lithium battery chasm - October 29, 2021
- USA increasing domestic lithium battery research and manufacturing - October 28, 2021
- Electrify America building USA/Canada-wide EV charging network - October 27, 2021
- Komatsu and Honda create electric micro-Excavator - July 10, 2021