What’s a green conscious person to do for transportation after traveling to a distant city? Do they forego their green lifestyle and simply rent a car? Or do they look for alternative ways of getting around their destination? Bicycles are a very green form of transportation and while it’s possible to check a bicycle as baggage while traveling it isn’t entirely convenient and the baggage handlers may well damage the bicycle. Wouldn’t it be convenient to simply rent a bicycle at your destination and then ride that around?
That’s the service offered by RentaBikeNow.com, namely to assist people in finding bicycle rentals by the hour, or day, or week. One goes to the web site, enters the city and the time range for the rental, and they provide a list of choices. You scroll through the choices and make a selection.
They act as a middleman rather than the rental agency. The results they show are listings of shops who provide rental services. It is an open bicycle rental network which anybody can join to provide bicycle rental services. For example a hotel might offer bicycle rental to their visitors, make a deal with a local bicycle shop to provide and service bicycles, and then use RentaBikeNow.com to advertise the bicycle rentals.
The bicycles available for rent are of course chosen by the individual rental agency. RentaBikeNow simply lists whatever bicycles each agency places into the database.
By avoiding renting a car during a trip one can save money, perform less negative environmental impact, and have exercise during the trip.
- Google moving in on Plugshare’s turf, adds EV charging station data to Google Maps - October 17, 2018
- Cameron Rogers retakes Laguna Seca electric car laptime record with Tesla Model 3 Performance - September 16, 2018
- Tesla no longer a boutique car maker, is outselling major manufacturers like Porsche - September 13, 2018
- What electric car would I buy today, on the occasion of canceling a Tesla Model 3 order - September 11, 2018
- Lucid Motors definitively smashes Laguna Seca lap speed record with production-intent car - September 6, 2018
- Ford promises serious electric-drive intentions, teasing an Electric Mustang and more - September 6, 2018
- Jaguar i-Pace barely beats electric car lap record at Laguna Seca, set by a Tesla Model 3 at REFUEL 2018 - August 23, 2018
- Tesla CEO Elon Musk stands accused of believing his own press releases - August 18, 2018
- Trump Administration moves to cancel clean car standards, undoing Obama’s CAFE win - August 2, 2018
- Rich Rebuilds and Tesla’s opinion on the Right to Repair - August 2, 2018