What’s a green conscious person to do for transportation after traveling to a distant city? Do they forego their green lifestyle and simply rent a car? Or do they look for alternative ways of getting around their destination? Bicycles are a very green form of transportation and while it’s possible to check a bicycle as baggage while traveling it isn’t entirely convenient and the baggage handlers may well damage the bicycle. Wouldn’t it be convenient to simply rent a bicycle at your destination and then ride that around?
That’s the service offered by RentaBikeNow.com, namely to assist people in finding bicycle rentals by the hour, or day, or week. One goes to the web site, enters the city and the time range for the rental, and they provide a list of choices. You scroll through the choices and make a selection.
They act as a middleman rather than the rental agency. The results they show are listings of shops who provide rental services. It is an open bicycle rental network which anybody can join to provide bicycle rental services. For example a hotel might offer bicycle rental to their visitors, make a deal with a local bicycle shop to provide and service bicycles, and then use RentaBikeNow.com to advertise the bicycle rentals.
The bicycles available for rent are of course chosen by the individual rental agency. RentaBikeNow simply lists whatever bicycles each agency places into the database.
By avoiding renting a car during a trip one can save money, perform less negative environmental impact, and have exercise during the trip.
- Is there enough Grid Capacity for Hydrogen Fuel Cell or Battery Electric cars? - April 23, 2023
- Is Tesla finagling to grab federal NEVI dollars for Supercharger network? - November 15, 2022
- Tesla announces the North American Charging Standard charging connector - November 11, 2022
- Lightning Motorcycles adopts Silicon battery, 5 minute charge time gives 135 miles range - November 9, 2022
- Tesla Autopilot under US Dept of Transportation scrutiny - June 13, 2022
- Spectacular CNG bus fire misrepresented as EV bus fire - April 21, 2022
- Moldova, Ukraine, Georgia, Russia, and the European Energy Crisis - December 21, 2021
- Li-Bridge leading the USA across lithium battery chasm - October 29, 2021
- USA increasing domestic lithium battery research and manufacturing - October 28, 2021
- Electrify America building USA/Canada-wide EV charging network - October 27, 2021