What’s a green conscious person to do for transportation after traveling to a distant city? Do they forego their green lifestyle and simply rent a car? Or do they look for alternative ways of getting around their destination? Bicycles are a very green form of transportation and while it’s possible to check a bicycle as baggage while traveling it isn’t entirely convenient and the baggage handlers may well damage the bicycle. Wouldn’t it be convenient to simply rent a bicycle at your destination and then ride that around?
That’s the service offered by RentaBikeNow.com, namely to assist people in finding bicycle rentals by the hour, or day, or week. One goes to the web site, enters the city and the time range for the rental, and they provide a list of choices. You scroll through the choices and make a selection.
They act as a middleman rather than the rental agency. The results they show are listings of shops who provide rental services. It is an open bicycle rental network which anybody can join to provide bicycle rental services. For example a hotel might offer bicycle rental to their visitors, make a deal with a local bicycle shop to provide and service bicycles, and then use RentaBikeNow.com to advertise the bicycle rentals.
The bicycles available for rent are of course chosen by the individual rental agency. RentaBikeNow simply lists whatever bicycles each agency places into the database.
By avoiding renting a car during a trip one can save money, perform less negative environmental impact, and have exercise during the trip.
- Electrify America aims to simplify electric car charging - May 15, 2019
- Telling your neighbors about your electric car helps them over the hump - May 12, 2019
- Illinois EV tax echos question of road funding when gas taxes shrink - May 10, 2019
- Biden/Ukraine story getting more heat and suspiciousness - May 2, 2019
- Explosion at APS energy storage unit injures firefighters, casts doubt on energy storage - April 23, 2019
- No, Tesla is not phasing out the J1772 adapter - April 17, 2019
- Near destruction of the Notre Dame contains lesson in thinking ahead - April 16, 2019
- Nepotism bites VP Joe Biden as he starts 2020 Presidential run - April 13, 2019
- Tesla almost kills $35k Model 3, launches lease program, still shows misleading pricing - April 13, 2019
- Tesla CEO Elon Musk giving flawed charging advice on Twitter - April 11, 2019