What’s a green conscious person to do for transportation after traveling to a distant city? Do they forego their green lifestyle and simply rent a car? Or do they look for alternative ways of getting around their destination? Bicycles are a very green form of transportation and while it’s possible to check a bicycle as baggage while traveling it isn’t entirely convenient and the baggage handlers may well damage the bicycle. Wouldn’t it be convenient to simply rent a bicycle at your destination and then ride that around?
That’s the service offered by RentaBikeNow.com, namely to assist people in finding bicycle rentals by the hour, or day, or week. One goes to the web site, enters the city and the time range for the rental, and they provide a list of choices. You scroll through the choices and make a selection.
They act as a middleman rather than the rental agency. The results they show are listings of shops who provide rental services. It is an open bicycle rental network which anybody can join to provide bicycle rental services. For example a hotel might offer bicycle rental to their visitors, make a deal with a local bicycle shop to provide and service bicycles, and then use RentaBikeNow.com to advertise the bicycle rentals.
The bicycles available for rent are of course chosen by the individual rental agency. RentaBikeNow simply lists whatever bicycles each agency places into the database.
By avoiding renting a car during a trip one can save money, perform less negative environmental impact, and have exercise during the trip.
- Tesla Motors delivers hardcore smackdown on trucking and supercar industries with Semi and Roadster 2 - November 16, 2017
- Tesla’s Class 8 electric truck, first showing due tomorrow, is important, but hardly the second coming of Christ - November 15, 2017
- Gov Brown tells protesters he’ll put them in the ground, that CA should rely on its own oil versus Venezuela’s - November 14, 2017
- Can Bitcoin/Blockchain technology democratize the renewable energy industry? - November 9, 2017
- ABB challenges Tesla Supercharger network with 150 kiloWatt CHAdeMO/CCS DCFC charging station - October 4, 2017
- Dept of Energy moving forward with energy storage research projects, doubling down on renewable energy - September 18, 2017
- Nissan introduces 2018 Nissan Leaf, stressing autonomous driving over electric vehicle technology - September 5, 2017
- Jimmy Carter’s Crisis of Confidence speech was political disaster, but oh if we’d only stuck to his plan … - September 4, 2017
- Trump Administration fiddles in Washington while Houston drowns under extreme weather hurricane - August 28, 2017
- Is Tesla painting itself into a corner because Gigafactory only builds Lithium-ION cells? - August 14, 2017