What’s a green conscious person to do for transportation after traveling to a distant city? Do they forego their green lifestyle and simply rent a car? Or do they look for alternative ways of getting around their destination? Bicycles are a very green form of transportation and while it’s possible to check a bicycle as baggage while traveling it isn’t entirely convenient and the baggage handlers may well damage the bicycle. Wouldn’t it be convenient to simply rent a bicycle at your destination and then ride that around?
That’s the service offered by RentaBikeNow.com, namely to assist people in finding bicycle rentals by the hour, or day, or week. One goes to the web site, enters the city and the time range for the rental, and they provide a list of choices. You scroll through the choices and make a selection.
They act as a middleman rather than the rental agency. The results they show are listings of shops who provide rental services. It is an open bicycle rental network which anybody can join to provide bicycle rental services. For example a hotel might offer bicycle rental to their visitors, make a deal with a local bicycle shop to provide and service bicycles, and then use RentaBikeNow.com to advertise the bicycle rentals.
The bicycles available for rent are of course chosen by the individual rental agency. RentaBikeNow simply lists whatever bicycles each agency places into the database.
By avoiding renting a car during a trip one can save money, perform less negative environmental impact, and have exercise during the trip.
- Hydrogen stations in SF Bay Area still offline, 4 months after explosion - September 20, 2019
- Trump’s team possibly committing bad crimes over the Biden/Ukraine story - September 20, 2019
- Daimler to stop developing internal combustion engines - September 19, 2019
- The fight against Trump Administration plan to revoke California clean air standards - September 18, 2019
- A 2011 Leaf with a 60 kWh battery pack and 400 km driving range - September 16, 2019
- Elon Musk says Tesla is coming to Romania soon - September 9, 2019
- An inexpensive AI computer kit for understanding autonomous self-driving cars - September 3, 2019
- A practical reason behind Trump’s insane quest to buy Greenland? - August 30, 2019
- Digital redlining with scooter and car sharing services - August 30, 2019
- German EV Study: Fast Charging not required at home - August 28, 2019