The TTXGP has announced an agreement with the Auto-Cycle Union (ACU) for “terms and contracts to deliver the worlds first zero carbon national championship”. It will be a series of four races with two classes of zero carbon motorcycles (principally electric). The TTXGP launched in 2008 with a vision of a motorcycle racing series meant to serve as a proving ground for zero carbon vehicle technology. The first TTXGP race was held at the Isle of Man TT races in 2009.
The details of “when” and “where” are not available at this moment other than it is a national UK championship series. The TTXGP team has made it clear they expect a US championship series in 2010 as well as to return to the Isle of Man in 2010.
Earlier this year the TTXGP team had announced two classes would be used, the Pro1 and Pro2, and that they were dispensing with the Open class. The Pro1 class bikes are expected to make one lap around the TT Mountain Course while the Pro2 class bikes are expected to make two laps with the option for a battery pack exchange between laps 1 and 2. It isn’t said what the Pro1 and Pro2 classes mean for races on regular tracks other than the TT Mountain Course. But even this is not set in stone as another recent announcement describes a possible SuperMoto class. Clearly some details are still in flux.
Additionally while announcing the agreement with the ACU the TTXGP team alluded to a new program being launched through Mavizen. The Mavizen name is associated with the TTX01 motorcycle build to demonstrate feasibility. In 2008 when first unveiled they promised to build 50 motorcycles by 2010. Could they be getting ready to fulfill that promise? Details are promised to be available soon.
- Hyundai/Kia investing in Arrival to co-develop electric vehicle technology - January 16, 2020
- EV charging station costs can be reduced, says Rocky Mountain Institute - January 16, 2020
- GM’s Hummer jaw dropping electric pickup return a sign of shifting car industry - January 13, 2020
- Every plug-in vehicle has the right to access charging stations - December 28, 2019
- eVgo offers CHAdeMO fast charging to Tesla owners – UPDATE - December 20, 2019
- Trump intervenes to kill EV tax break extension for Tesla and GM - December 17, 2019
- 2012 is calling wanting its all-electric Mini Cooper SE - December 17, 2019
- eVgo offering fast charging to Tesla’s on non-Tesla charging station - December 15, 2019
- DHL bringing electric delivery vehicle pilot project to USA - December 12, 2019
- Mayor Pete’s work at McKinsey included major study on energy efficiency and climate change - December 11, 2019